Postdoctoral fellow in cancer biology and imaging
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in cancer biology and imaging
A grant for a 1-year position is available for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the team of dr. Dario Longo (www.cim.unito.it/website/PI/Longo/home.html) at the Molecular Imaging Center (www.cim.unito.it ) - University of Torino (Torino, Italy) starting on April 3rd, 2018.
About the lab:
The Longo lab is interested in understanding the role of tumor acidosis and of its heterogeneity in tumor progression, invasion and drug resistance. A major focus of the lab is the in vivo characterization of tumor microenvironment, including acidosis, vascularization and hypoxia and in assessing therapeutic response to inhibitors of cancer metabolism in preclinical tumor murine models throughout non-invasive MR imaging approaches.
The position will work in a stimulating interdisciplinary environment at the Molecular Imaging Center and at the Center for Preclinical Imaging (University of Torino), a recognized international group focussed on cancer biology and imaging equipped with state-of-the-art imaging instrumentations.
Dr. Dario Longo is recruiting a highly motivated post-doctoral research fellow interested in conducting inter-disciplinary research using in-cellulo and in-vivo approaches to investigate the role of tumor acidosis in tumor progression and metastasis. Potential research activities will include the investigation in several tumor murine models of the relationship between tumor acidosis and tumor progression throughout non-invasive MRI-based approaches and their correlation with biological/biochemical factors. Additional activities will include the investigation of the key role of tumor acidosis in promoting drug resistance to tumor metabolism inhibitors.
• PhD degree in Pharmaceutical, Biological, Biomedical Sciences or related disciplines earned within the last two years
• Excellence in cancer research, especially biochemistry, molecular biology, immunohistochemistry
• Recent practice of in vivo experiments in mice (gavage, ip or iv injection, blood sampling, tumor growth measurements, surgery).
• Experienced with in vivo MRI is considered a plus
• At least one first author publication in a relevant journal and two/three papers in peer-reviewed journals related to the fellowship
• Highly motivated person with strong interest in research and willingness to participate in several ongoing research projects related to tumor pH imaging
• Fluid in spoken and written English
Interested candidates should send a single PDF file that includes a current curriculum vitae with publications, a short description of previous training and work experiences and contact information for two references to Dr. Dario Longo via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org